[AT] Mudhole Money

Indiana Robinson robinson46176 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 6 17:21:23 PST 2015

On Fri, Feb 6, 2015 at 6:22 PM, Tyler Juranek <tylerpolkaman at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Farmer,
>  Did you ever run a WC?
>  I am one of the younger generation people involved in the hobby. I've
> never driven an Allis WC. Only my father's 620. That is an occasion I
> do not care to remember!
>  Take Care,
>  Tyler Juranek

Yes Tyler, I've owned a few WC's. My WC's including a basket project one I
have now were the later years styled models.
Back around 30 years ago I used to buy and sell old tractors and equipment.
I usually bought tractors and brought them to the farm to play with them
some before hauling them to our business lot on the highway to sell them.
By doing that I could sell them with more confidence since I  had used them
under load. I did fairly well at it but now I wish that I had almost all of
them back.
[?]
The WC was a decent sturdy tractor but had some quirky things the engineers
should have seen were goofy. The long sloppy gear shift was one. Another
was the clutch was about where you would expect and pushed straight forward
but then they put the seat waaaay over on the right so that the clutch was
not the friend of someone with short legs or tender knee joints. The set of
hand turning brakes were obviously designed for someone with a minimum of
three arms.
[?]
Still good reliable old tractors though. I have a friend who recently
wanted to sell me his unstyled WC with a loader and if I were not 10 years
+ ahead on my play-toy budget I would have bought it.

Francis Robinson
aka "farmer"
Central Indiana USA
robinson46176 at gmail.com