[AT] On topic, Back to Tractors

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Fri Feb 6 17:33:23 PST 2015

On 2/6/2015 6:33 PM, Mogrits wrote:
> I like how Northern Tool paired that heater with a 5 gallon kerosene can.
> According to the fuel burn rate, it uses one of those every 20 minutes!
>
> Warren
At the price of kerosene these days nobody could afford to run that
heater. I saw a 5 gallon pail advertised for $50 recently.
I have an old oil furnace from the house in my shed/workshop but I don't
run it very often unless I have a project or
critical repair job needs doing. It does not use a lot of fuel . In fact
I can't remember how many years ago since I put
fuel in the 160 gallon tank. For a quick and concentrated warm up I will
fire up the space heater (salamander)? which
works well in a big spacious shed . Burning winter diesel, same as the
furnace so a confined and air tight shed would soon
have your eyes and nose burning from the exhaust.

Ralph in Sask.