[AT] off topic, Internet takeover by govt ?

Cecil R Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Thu Feb 5 12:18:31 PST 2015

Nearly every machinery manufacturer has decided that serviceability and
reliability are non-essential. Style and form are the most important.  I
quit buying Gm products because of the trouble I had with AC systems and
the door handles on their trucks.  If the compressor went out, you had
to replace the dryer in order to get a guarantee on the compressor.  99%
of the time when you removed the dryer you ruined the connection into
the evaporator in the dash.  The evaporator had a stainless nut that
threaded into an aluminum nut on the dryer.  There was only 1/2 inch of
room between the evap nut and the firewall.  A new evap was $125 and a 6
hr job to install and 2 screws in the lower side over the trans hump
never could be replaced, so it rattled form then on....     The outside
door handle on the 88-200 work trucks takes a contortionist and x-ray
vision and 3 hours to replace.  I blame all of this on City kids who
grew up and learned CAD drawing and never had to work on a piece of
machinery in their life....

Rant off I am just getting started....

Cecil in OKla