[Farmall] "just about worn out"

jtchall at nc.rr.com jtchall at nc.rr.com
Wed Feb 4 18:19:17 PST 2015

I don't know how many time the engine has been rebuilt in this one. My
family had 2 M's. I think this is the one that has a replacement rear end
housing--A bolt or something backed out and got between a gear and the case.
Kind of hard to keep oil in it after that! Surprisingly it's only on its 2nd
manifold. Don't know if the first one burnt out or if was changed just to
get away from the kerosene setup. Starter and generator are original, but
have been worked on over the years.

I just put on a new ignition switch, the original made it 68 years. Wish I
could figure out how to open it up and repair it. Dad put the old one up for
safekeeping, he hated it finally had to be changed.

John