[AT] "just about worn out"

Indiana Robinson robinson46176 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 4 04:20:36 PST 2015

On Wed, Feb 4, 2015 at 12:18 AM, Herb Metz <metz-h.b at comcast.net> wrote:

> The hand throttle on our 1938 CC Case was similar to the Farmall  M or H
> series, except a friction control; which was a bear to adjust, either too
> tight to move or too loose and it changed adjust and the engine speed
> dropped.  We replaced that with the  Farmall throttle control and that
> worked served well. Herb(GA)

Many years ago we bought a couple of those friction throttles that TSC was
selling as an "improvement" for Farmalls. We put one on the Super M and one
on the Super MTA.
Big mistake... As you say Herb, if you tightened it up to where it didn't
creep down at full throttle you almost couldn't move it at all. We messed
with them for about a week and changed them back. We put one on the gate
control of a small broadcast seeder where it works well since there is no
governor spring pushing back against it. I think the other is still
"somewhere" in the tangled jungle that I like to call "the shop"...
:-)
If only my "throwing away" skills were better...

--

Francis Robinson
aka "farmer"
robinson46176 at gmail.com