[AT] "just about worn out"

jtchall at nc.rr.com jtchall at nc.rr.com
Tue Feb 3 18:23:21 PST 2015

Installed a set of generator brushes in dad’s Farmall M this afternoon. He told me to take a look at the throttle and see what was worn so that it would no longer stay in the last notch (wide open). Figured it just needed a little welding and filing. When I went to unhook the rod from the throttle lever, I came to realize just how many hours this poor tractor has. The rod had worn over halfway through in the area the cotter pin goes. It was surprising the cotter pin hadn’t just fallen out. I took it off to show him, all he could say was “I reckon that’s just about worn out.”  Certainly the understatement of the day, guess I’ll be welding the rod up too!

John Hall