[AT] off topic, Internet takeover by govt ?

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Mon Feb 2 11:38:45 PST 2015

On 2/2/2015 11:27 AM, charlie hill wrote:
> In NC new cars don't have to be inspected until they are 3 or so years old
> (I forget the number.  they
> just made this rule) and they don't have to be inspected after they are 25
> years old.  Makes you
> wonder why the rest need inspecting.  In my county you have to have an
> emissions test but 1.5 miles
> down the road in the next county no emissions test is required (based on
> population).  I sure hope they
> keep the air gate at the county line closed!  Also, if you have a truck with
> a GVW of 6800 lbs or higher
> and you put a weighted plate on it with a minimum of 7000 lbs license you
> can avoid the emissions test
> if the inspection shop has the sense to know the law.  Most don’t.  I have
> weighted tags on mine and
> have it inspected in the next county but if I didn't have those 7000 lb
> plates I'd have to have the inspection
> done in my county.  Makes no sense at all.
>
> Charlie
Those are some heavy plates Charlie :-) Auto companies have used that
system for years going right back to the beginning of low emission
equipment for
new vehicles. I think it was around the 3/4 or maybe one ton point where
trucks could have the "low emissions engine". No air pump or catalytic
converter.

Ralph in Sask.