[AT] off topic, Internet takeover by govt ?

charlie hill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Mon Feb 2 09:27:45 PST 2015

In NC new cars don't have to be inspected until they are 3 or so years old
(I forget the number.  they
just made this rule) and they don't have to be inspected after they are 25
years old.  Makes you
wonder why the rest need inspecting.  In my county you have to have an
emissions test but 1.5 miles
down the road in the next county no emissions test is required (based on
population).  I sure hope they
keep the air gate at the county line closed!  Also, if you have a truck with
a GVW of 6800 lbs or higher
and you put a weighted plate on it with a minimum of 7000 lbs license you
can avoid the emissions test
if the inspection shop has the sense to know the law.  Most don’t.  I have
weighted tags on mine and
have it inspected in the next county but if I didn't have those 7000 lb
plates I'd have to have the inspection
done in my county.  Makes no sense at all.

Charlie