[AT] shop time (Now Kill Switch)

David Rotigel rotigel at me.com
Mon Feb 2 07:42:03 PST 2015

I had no idea that someone might try to start a tractor that did not belong to them or, perhaps, a VERY good friend. It's kinda an unwritten "law" in the stationary engine community that you keep your hands OFF other peoples engines! Starting one w/out specific permission of the owner is unheard of! I had not thought of it before, but it's also the case that many engine guys are with the engines being shown, while this is not the case with most of the tractors. Thus if someone wants to take a close look at an engine there is usually (if not always) someone there who can be asked if it's OK. I do have friends who have "hidden" on/off switches on their show tractors. I guess the reason you provide is why they do so. THANKS!
	Dave