[AT] off topic, Internet takeover by govt ?

Henry Miller hank at millerfarm.com
Sun Feb 1 18:02:48 PST 2015

Vehicle inspection has been shown not to make a difference. The only reason Texas still has it is all the garages that bought the equipment need to pay for it so they lobby to keep it. The dot doesn't like it. (my father in law has contacts at the Texas dot, I can't speak for any other state)

Nearly all cars are junked before they get bad enough to fail emissions. What is left is insignificant in the scheme of things.