[AT] off topic, Internet takeover by govt ?

jtchall at nc.rr.com jtchall at nc.rr.com
Sun Feb 1 20:05:25 PST 2015

We have vehicle inspections in all the major counties in N.C., possibly
every county by now. Fortunately the state govt has brains enough to realize
that after a car reaches a certain age, that there are not many of them left
on the road and the ones that are may have emission component trouble that
is too costly to repair or is no longer supported by the auto manufacturer.
The emissions test is dropped on those. What is crazy though is that after
something like 25 years, no safety inspection is required. That means my 41
year old farm dump truck grossing 26,000 lbs doesn't have to be inspected.
But my 23 year old pickup that only goes 3 miles up the road to take a load
of trash to the dump, must pass a safety inspection.

John Hall