[AT] Glow plugs

Indiana Robinson robinson46176 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 27 05:21:53 PST 2015

"a 42' wide 8' long trailer"

Dean, that trailer must have been a bear to get down the highway...
:-)  :-)  :-)
I recall most of those freeze problems (Learning experiences) in 1961 at
the BSU campus trailer park. The sewer line ran almost straight down but
would still freeze with a trickle of water. The first time it froze was due
to a slow leak from the commode flap valve. It was worse because it
happened with nobody home and caused a minor flood.
That trailer was a 1956 8'x45' American. Very well made unit. Most of the
neighbors trailers of that time period just had those little trailer oil
stoves. While they put out a lot of heat you could freeze out at the ends
of the trailer. That American had a furnace with heat ducts running to both
ends of the trailer and an adjustable heat outlet at the bathroom. It was
always warm all over and used very little oil to heat it.
The park was very long and narrow and had a utility building near the
center not far from us. It had nice bathrooms with big showers on one end
and a good sized coin-op laundry room at the other. Back then there were
still a couple of trailers there that didn't have any kind of bathroom in
them at all. One was one of those small old masonite trailers painted with
aluminum paint from the 1940's or before. For some reason they ended up
being placed down at the far end of the park about 1/8th of a mile from the
bathrooms. I felt so sorry for those people... We had a full bath but
small. As long as the weather was good I usually took showers at the
bath-house. Big showers and a water heater that wouldn't quit. I also took
a lot of showers at the PE building especially in hot weather. I paid a
tiny towel fee and could just walk in and take a shower, then swap my towel
for a clean dry one, stick it in my locker and go back to the next class.
Dang, that has been a long time ago...

Francis Robinson
aka "farmer"
Central Indiana USA