[AT] Glow plugs

Dave Rotigel rotigel at me.com
Sat Dec 19 12:09:26 PST 2015

When the light goes off it indicates that the glow plugs are hot and you can start the tractor. At least on all the diesels I've driven (M-B and Ford) that was the way they functioned. Below 35/40 degrees it likely would not start w/out heating the glow plugs and much below that there was no chance they would start. Below 0 degrees F I would plug the engine heater in in order to both help starting and to help provide less wear on the engine. (Not sure that was necessary--but somehow it made me fell better!)
	Dave