[AT] Ten Years Ago

jtchall at nc.rr.com jtchall at nc.rr.com
Sat Dec 12 05:28:53 PST 2015

This is the "blizzard" of 2000, it was either 21 or 23" of snow.  Here, 2"
will close schools, 8 brings us to a state of emergency. This one was enough
to call everybody you know! If it had a blade or a bucket it was pressed
into service to clear this stuff! I think it was by far our largest snow on
record. The tractor I was using was a 40hp IH 454 gas (it cranks in cold
weather). And no, it was NOT big enough to handle the job. Typical reaction
here is to wait 2 days till the snow melts, that was not the case with this.
The car was a 92 Thunderbird, I put 3 suitcase weights in the trunk so the
wife could make it to work 2 days later.

John Hall