[AT] Ice storm in OK

Cecil R Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Thu Dec 31 21:17:01 PST 2015

Well I got the new low pressure pump installed on the 60KW Onan.  Hwever
it still did the same thing. I took the fuel return fitting out. and it
was plugged with fine red colored particles that are about he size of
fine ground black pepper.  I don't believe it is from the rubber in the
governor plate.  It only has 500 hrs on it and it is the same engine
used in the Allis 190XT.  It has a Roosa master DB series pump on it.
Same pump as on my swather only 6cyl instead of 4.  I rebuilt the
swather pump last summer.  The check ball in the return fitting would
plug each time I cleaned and re-started it.  I changed the fitting to a
hose barb fitting and it ran fine, in fact I had to adjust the speed
down to get the frequency correct.    I ran it for about 30 minutes and
it stayed on speed.  Will try again tomorrow.

Cecil in OKla