[AT] Adding electric start

ATIS yostsw at atis.net
Wed Dec 16 20:33:40 PST 2015

Not exactly antique, but I figured the collective wisdom of the group may be able to help me. I have a 5 hp Briggs & Stratton engine on my leaf vacuum.  My wife just can't pull hard enough to get the speed necessary to start. I can start it with no problem but my wife just isn't quite strong enough. Adding electric start seems to be an option for certain models, I was wondering if anyone has had experience adding electric start to these engines.  Internet research seems to be spotty and difficult to follow on the subject. Especially as it pertains to my specific engine.

I have the Intek 900 model series 5HP  (model 1220 12 0140 B8 to be exact).

PS: my wife appreciates being independent, and really resents having to wait on me to start the vacuum. She will actually appreciate any answers more than I will. :-)

Spencer Yost