[AT] Ten Years Ago

jtchall at nc.rr.com jtchall at nc.rr.com
Sat Dec 12 05:44:38 PST 2015

My 1926 Farmall headed to the local Christmas parade in Dec 1989. Notice the
very light dusting of snow on the ground. I still have the tractor but wish
I had the truck. The truck belonged to the IH dealer dad worked for. They
had just repainted the doors--Removed the big IH logo and replaced it with a
Cub Cadet---their customer base had certainly changed. The truck was a 16 or
1700 Loadstar IH, mid 70s model. No winch, instead it had a hydraulic
cylinder in the body. If you could get the truck to sit still you could drag
anything to it that it could haul, and then some. If I would have had the
money, I'd certainly have bought the truck when the dealer sold out at
auction 2 years later.

John Hall