[AT] pull type corn shellers?

jtchall at nc.rr.com jtchall at nc.rr.com
Mon Dec 7 16:58:06 PST 2015

Saw an ad for an apparent 50’s or 60’s vintage pull type corn sheller. Photo wasn’t real clear but it appeared to be a 2 row corn picker with some sort of sheller attachment. There was no hopper or bin, unless it was really low to the ground  on the back side. The unloading auger looked pretty short, maybe around 8ft high and almost straight up. So what were the logistics of using this machine if it didn’t have a bin? I assume you pulled a small dump wagon or cart(at least I hope it dumped, that would be a lot of work shoveling it out). As short as the auger was, you wouldn’t get much corn n the wagon. Then again you probably didn’t want it either as the side draft would be horrible I’d think. I’ve seen plenty of corn pickers around here, but never one of these. Anyone here ever ran one? I know with todays yields this would be highly impractical, but back in the day of 40bpa corn, it probably worked.

John Hall