[AT] Test

charlie hill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Sun Dec 6 18:53:11 PST 2015

You are correct about that Farmer, in fact there is a slight difference,
a foot or so I think, in the elevation of the Pacific over the Atlantic.
I don't remember which is higher.  That is caused by the currents and the
choke points where the two oceans meet and the effect of the earths
rotation.
Yes flows affect water level
at times and in places but the ocean is NOT 2 feet higher in Maine than
it was 30 years ago and the same height in North Carolina.  Of course
you have to account for tides due to the moon and sun and the tide rise
is higher up north and way down south than it is nearer the equator but
that isn't what I'm talking about.  I'm talking about permanent changes
in mean high tide in one place and not in the other.  It can't happen.
Sooner or later the
water will flow out and equalize and it doesn't take years.   As for those
islands that are disappearing.  I contend that they are sinking in the ocean
or eroding away.  Remember the land mass does move around and the
tectonic plates are constantly but slowly moving but the water flows free
of the land masses.  If it does happen it's because something has changed
about the land masses elevation or possibly the magnetic field of the earth
has shifted and affected how the water stacks up.  In other words the shape
of the earth changes, as you said.  It's not because of "global warming".

The other thing that amuses me is all of this stuff about the sea level
rising
because ice bergs are melting.  CAN'T happen!  A floating body displaces
it's mass
in a liquid.  If the floating body is the same liquid only frozen, when it
melts it's mass changes to that
of the liquid form and it displaces the the volume of the "hole" it was
floating in.  Try it,
put an ice cube in a glass and fill the glass all the way to the rim with
water so that the
tip of the ice cube is sticking above the glass.  Watch it melt.  If you
don't tip it or disturb it
all of the water will be contained in the glass and not a drop will spill
over the edge.   That also applies
to the chunks of ice that "calf" off of Antarctica.  The only melting ice
that can raise the sea levels
is that which is supported by dry land.

I'll leave this alone and get back to tractors.

Charlie