[AT] N-Complete, a bit disappointing...

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Sat Aug 22 15:07:32 PDT 2015

On 8/22/2015 3:29 PM, Indiana Robinson wrote:
>   Suddenly that tractor starter engaged and the tractor which was in
> gear started moving forward, starter only, not firing. It was about 5' away
> from and headed for a shiny restored Ford/Ferguson.

Sounds like the same type solenoid I had on the 46 Ford truck I learned
to drive on.
It needed a strategically placed kick on the firewall while pushing the
starter button
to make the solenoid contact and engage the starter. One day it just
engaged itself when nobody was
in the truck. Lucky my dad was nearby and saw it and was able to stop
the truck. It was slowly crawling
along with the starter powering it in first gear headed for the chicken
house.
I don't know if the battery would have lasted long enough for it to
slowly push up against the house but
I don't think it would have crushed anything.
I think the truck got a new solenoid soon after that.

Ralph in Sask.