[AT] Whoa!!!!!!

Indiana Robinson robinson46176 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 19 20:12:41 PDT 2015

No, I wasn't talking to any of the horses... I opened the little tool box
on the Case VAC and it was filled with about a 20 year supply of paper
wasps... I didn't know I could still move that quick.
:-)
A little wasp & hornet spray took care of them. I was just in that tool box
about a month ago.
Yesterday I was doing some light work on my old Farmall Super M and found a
small nest in it. I have not really used it for almost 2 years but I need
to use the loader to move some stuff (still trying to get some stuff caught
up). On the Super M wasp nest I grabbed a handy can and cleaned all of
their little carburetors...
:-)
I'm trying to decide if I want to rebuild the generator and put on a new
regulator and also replace a really tired starter or if I will just give in
and convert it to a 12 volt system using a "one wire" conversion
alternator. That old starter has a lot of go at 12 volts... One thing about
these old Farmalls is that you can't even see the generator / alternator up
under the hood like on a lot of tractors where it sticks out the side.
I used to have a Yanmar 1500 diesel that had a tiny alternator on it that
was part of the fan. I wish that somebody would  make a small one wire
alternator like that but stand alone that was small (and cheap) for
conversions. A maximum output of about 6 amps or even less would be fine
for anything I use. These days I start late and stop early and almost never
need any lights.

Francis Robinson
aka "farmer"
Central Indiana USA