[AT] Need help troubleshooting engine/compressor

Howard Fleming hfleming at comm.moosebird.net
Wed Aug 12 10:21:09 PDT 2015

If this is the same engine as used in the 74 Ford Mustang (2.3L)  it
could be the timing belt (at least from my experience... :o).

I had one that did not want to run right.  Redid the fuel system, the
dist, wires, changed spark plugs, etc.  The last thing I did to it was
replace the timing belt, and all the issues with it not running right
cleared up.  No teeth were missing from the belt, but I suspect it had
stretched enough to cause the problem.

Hope this is of some help,
Howard