[AT] Need help troubleshooting engine/compressor

rlgoss at twc.com rlgoss at twc.com
Wed Aug 12 05:40:16 PDT 2015

The fortunate thing about the Courier was that it did NOT have an interference engine in it.  I drove one until the timing belt broke, and found out that no damage could occur inside.

Larry
---- charlie hill <charliehill at embarqmail.com> wrote:
> Cecil,  that old Courier that I drove ran rough as a cob all the time.
It started hard and rattled and shook but it never left me beside the
road.   I figured at the time it might be the timing belt on it and really
hoped it would let go so they would get me something half decent to
drive but it never did in the months I drove it.   I don’t like and try to
avoid any engines with overhead cams particularly if they are "interference"
engines.  I know those engines are very common now and mostly
reliable and good performers but I'm old school enough that I want my
cam shafts gear or gear and chain driven.

Charlie