[AT] Test

David Bruce davidbruce at yadtel.net
Thu Aug 6 06:56:45 PDT 2015

It was a real blessing for the motoring public when the CDL was
instituted. Got rid of a lot of the "cowboy drivers" who were a menace.
Granted there are issues and nothing is perfect but I do remember the
pre-CDL days not so fondly. Professional acting big rig drivers have my
ultimate respect and I try to be respectful. I had an eye opening
experience when moving a tractor on a trailer when I moved a couple
decades ago. Most drivers are complete idiots.

Had a perfect example of that a couple days ago. On a divided highway I
damn near rear ended a van pulling an open trailer. Driving well under
the minimum speed because of a flat on one of the trailer wheels. No
warning lights, the FedEx truck in front of me gave no warning before
whipping around him. I was lucky in I had room to move as well. I
sympathize with the issue with the trailer limping home with one tire
shredding (dual axle) but some flashers would have been nice. 65+ MPH
simply does not mix with 35 MPH.

David
NW NC