[AT] Test

charlie hill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Thu Aug 6 05:59:41 PDT 2015

Cecil,  I had to renew my drivers license this year and waited
(true to my form) until the day before my birthday.  I have a Class
A license which is the same as a CDL but without any endorsements.
More accurately it is what was a CDL before there was a CDL and I
never updated it.  I don't know what use it is to me but I keep it
and that means I have to renew every 4 years instead of every 5 and
I have to go in and take the eye test every time.  This time I got cocky
and didn't bother to look at the book before hand.  I passed and got
everything right but it scared me when I looked at that round circle on the
screen and had to pause 10 seconds to realize that, painted yellow with
an X on it, it's a rail road crossing.   I did the same thing when I saw
that
baseball home plate on the screen and had to pause to realize it's a
school crossing.  It's amazing how easy it is to get partially stumped
on something you know cold just by removing  a few details.

I keep thinking I'll go and take the driving test and get a CDL but to
do so I'd have to borrow someone's road tractor and trailer and it
has to be one that you know will pass inspection (no air or oil leaks, all
lights working, etc.).  That's kind of a big favor to ask of someone.
I guess at 65 I should just drop the Class A back to a Class C and forget
about it.

Charlie