[AT] More Ford Jubilee Adventures

charlie hill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Mon Aug 3 15:47:38 PDT 2015

It's probably a timing issue.  I've only installed one Petronix and that
was on a 5 hp B&S but when I put it back together it wouldn't hit a lick.
I did everything I could think of and finally went and talked to a B&S
dealer friend of mine.  He called his tech rep.  The guy immediately told
me I didn't have the flywheel nut tight enough and it was throwing the
timing
off.  I told him it was as tight as I knew how to get it.  He told me to put
box end wrench on the nut and hit the other end of the wrench hard with at
least
a 2 lb hammer.  I did.  I was convinced that I had not tightened the nut at
all but
when I pulled the cord she fired and ran.

Charlie