[AT] More Ford Jubilee Adventures

Mogrits mogrits at gmail.com
Mon Aug 3 08:29:58 PDT 2015

Thanks for the replies. I'm glad to know the wrong condenser could keep it
from running though it fires. I "reserved" the right points and condenser
from my local NAPA and will pick them up today.

Of all the parts houses, NAPA is the only one I can find that lets you
search tractor parts by year and make. The other houses have them, but you
must have a part number as they can't search by tractor.

I've heard nothing but good stuff about the Pertronix system, going way
back to my MGB. As infrequently as some of my stuff gets run, I think it
will be a good investment, as every time I go to use something I end up
polishing points at a minimum.

As to the solenoid and what not- I see a value in that system but it also
overcomplicates a very simple system that works fine except for (my)
operator error. After this adventure I doubt I will forget the key again.

Thanks again,
Warren