[AT] New Holland TS110 running again & a rant...

Cecil R Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Mon Aug 3 06:14:28 PDT 2015

My TS110 NH is now running again.  I got it fired up Friday evening.
Took 2 hours to get the hood on Sat morning.  The hood was a real
bear...  It sounds different, for sure, but no noises, and doesn't seem
to be missing, but since it has one new injector tip, I am sure there
would be a little different sound when accelerated.

Wengers of Myerstown refunded me the entire cost of the head including
the freight since I had to have so much work done on the head.  I would
do business with Wengers again since they took responsibility for the
problem...

So. I am still finding things that the NH stealership screwed up when
they put it back together.   The hood bracket is missing, The adapter to
connect the wiper to the wiper arm is missing, the wiper arm is
installed wrong, the windshield wiper makes a crazy twist because the
parallelogram linkage is crossed.The special windshield wiper is
missing.  The adapter and the wiper is $40 to replace. .....     They
broke the windshield when they replaced the hood.  I was told that the
windshield was replaced at no charge, but I don't believe it.  The bolts
around the bell housing were still loose, the wiring harness was
installed wrong, the fuel lines are chafing because they did not
reinstall  the clamp brackets.  The hood bracket to keep the hood from
raising to high is missing.  The bracket to hold one side of the air
cleaner is missing.

$3200 for the work the stealership did including $800 to R&R the valve
cover to discover that I had a valve dropped.

Is it just me or is this SOP when dealing with the dealership?  I was
going to take it to a private shop, but the guy seemed sort of flaky
when I tried to find where his shop was........

I have decided that with the trouble I have had with this tractor :
1.  I will never again have a dealer work on my tractor.
2. I will not own another New Holland tractor.  If I buy a newer tractor
it will be a Belarus.
3. I will not buy a used tractor from a dealer.  The hour meter cannot
be trusted.

I was told on the tractor by net forum that I was a whiner... I should
just suck it up and fix my tractor.   I now have nearly $50,000.00
invested in this machine.   For the amount of money that these machines
cost, ther e should be some assurances that the hour meter is correct.
There should be more than just a bill of sale to prove ownership.   The
only problem with titling and registering tractors is the government
will want 10lbs of flesh for their part.

   Just to illustrate, I have several trucks here that the tags have
lapsed.  A few years back the good old State of OK needed more money
from its residents.  The tag penalty was raised from 0.25/day to a
maximum of the price of the tag, to $1/day to a max of $100.  To bring a
truck back up to date was about $75.  Now it is $300..   If you lost the
title, now you have to go to court.....  I have a 1 ton dodge that was a
former state corrections vehicle.   They mailed the title to me on Dec
22, and on Dec 24 we had a blizzard.  The mailbox blew open and there
was a manila envelope with 2 titles in it.  I found one stuck in the
fence with a big sheep bite mark out of it. I never found the dodge
title.   I had to get a lost title from the state.  When they finished
with me it was $600 for a $300 truck.  I noticed last month that I
missed the tag a year ago, so now it is another $100 plus the $35 for
the tag...     Just cannot win....

I feel better for venting......

Cecil in OKla

---