[AT] More Ford Jubilee Adventures

Mogrits mogrits at gmail.com
Sun Aug 2 13:51:40 PDT 2015

I don't know how people who farm for a living trust employees with their
expensive equipment, as I manage to do enough harm to my equipment on my
own!

I have a habit of, when finishing with my Jubilee, of closing the fuel
valve and letting the tractor exhaust the fuel in the bowl and line. While
I wait for it to stop I'm usually putting up gloves, the seat cushion or in
general doing something else like looking for a cold beverage. I can get
distracted before is stops.

So when I went to use it today after not using for a couple months I
realized the battery was dead and I'd left the key on. So I connect the
charger and do something else for a while and come back and try to start
it. No fire. The coil meanwhile is hot as hades. I pull a plug and ground
it and no spark. By this time the coil is too hot to touch so I figure the
ignition circuit fried the coil and I went to O Reillys (closest to me) and
got a coil that crossed to the one I took out. Put it in and still no
spark. I pull the dizzy cap and cleaned the points- still nothing. I'm
thinking the key screw-up also got the condenser so I rummage my "stuff"
and find one from my my MGB. It is less than half the size but the tractor
and MGB use the same coil and are both 4 bangers so I figure what the heck.
Put it in and it did fire but will not run.

What do you guys think? Will putting in the right condenser get it running
again or is it likely something else as well? I have no experience swapping
parts from cars to tractors and have no idea how condensers are measured
other than they are both 12v vehicles and use the same coil. Any
speculation welcomed.

Thanks
Warren