[AT] Interesting AC-B

David Bruce davidbruce at yadtel.net
Fri Apr 17 05:32:45 PDT 2015

The very first tractor I drove was an A-C B. I was asked to drive it
while pulling a tobacco sled in the tobacco field. I was about 6 0r 7 at
the time. I never could get the feel of the clutch so a swap was made
and I then drove an A-C D-14 while the man hauling the sleds to the barn
used the B. With the D-14 I had to press the clutch, place the tranny
into neutral then stomp the brakes but at least I didn't stall the
tractor when engaging the clutch. That B soon left here and was replaced
with one of the N series Fords. I don't remember which one. Later that
was replaced with a Ferguson TO-30. The D-14 and the TO-30 are still
here although not running these days.

In those days getting on and off that B was no big thing. Today I doubt
I could mount it.

David
NW NC