[AT] Noise Concerns

toma at risingnet.net toma at risingnet.net
Sun Apr 5 07:58:50 PDT 2015

I have poor hearing in my right ear. I know when it happened. Back in '85
I was discing with the D4. It had a rain trap type muffler that broke off
and left the stack short. I only worked a few hours but that seemed to do
it. It only affected my right ear because I was looking over my left
shoulder a lot. I had farmed with a D2 for 20 years before that  with a
straight pipe and no muffler with no problem. After that I put a big old
muffler on the D4. Those foam things you stick in your ears do me no good
at all. I use the muff type, everything sounds good and it is nice and
peaceful when wearing them.

The wife says she will leave me if I don't get a hearing aid. So be it,
the idea of sticking something in your ear to hear better does not work
for me. Actually I can hear pretty well but it takes both ears, one hears
one frequency and the other another. Phone only works on left though.