[AT] Mowing

steveallen855 at centurytel.net steveallen855 at centurytel.net
Thu Apr 30 09:29:56 PDT 2015

I read these tales of owning mowers in the five-figure range, and I have to say they floor me.  I have not spent $13,000 on all my mowers, my tractors, my implements, my truck and SUVs, and my trailers all put together.

We mow between 1.5 and 3.5 acres depending on the year, and all I have is a little White L-12 (I think) and two 6-hp push mowers.  I have no lawn, just yard that is full of twigs and rocks and holes and all the attendant detritus of Missouri weather.

Of course, I DO have 2 teenagers.  And one cheapie weed eater.

Now, don't understand this as being critical--I guess, if I could afford that kind of money on a mower, I might have one, too.  But, wow!  I can buy another set of decent used equipment (and throw away the previsou year's) every year for a long time and not spend $13,000!

The guys who do this a business would find that kind of equipment necessary, I'm sure.

The "original" Steve Allen