[AT] D2 Diesel fuel has gone bad

Terry Welch terry1955 at sbcglobal.net
Wed Apr 29 04:25:16 PDT 2015

I take it it is a tank seat. There should be a valve under the seat so it can be drained . I would then flush it good along with the lines and fuel filter. I would then put new fuel filters in (they can be bought through Cat ) remember to also get the two gaskets needed for the cover. You may also have to drain and clean the injection pump, but the filters may have stopped the bad fuel. If you have to do this you will have to blow down the injection lines. Open the bleeders on each injector until you have fuel running out .
Hope this helps
Terry