[AT] New Lawn Tractor

Brian VanDragt bvandragt at comcast.net
Tue Apr 28 11:44:54 PDT 2015

I have a JD LX277 lawn tractor that has the PTO shut off when backing up feature.  There is a factory work around explained in the owners manual to prevent this.  You hold the PTO engaging button on the dash in the up position while you back up.  I found the switch on the back of the transmission that is depressed when you back up and unplugged it.  It is a normally closed switch so I had to put a jumper wire in the harness.  Now I don't have to do anything to keep the PTO running when I back up.
Brian