[AT] New Lawn Tractor

Alan Riley arr44 at suddenlink.net
Tue Apr 28 12:42:14 PDT 2015

Phil, I know what I would do...I would stick some more money in the
425s that you have.

I think the X534 is the same as my X530 except with AWS.  But you
would have to step up to the X734 to have a machine equivalent to
what you have, in my opinion.   Anything in the X700 series is really
big bucks and would have been a little bit redundant in my case since
I also have a larger tractor with a finish mower.

The 425 and the X530 are about the same size but the 425 has a liquid
cooled Kawasaki engine compared to the X530 having an air cooled
Kawasaki.  Also, the 425 has hydraulics available for a loader which
nothing in the X500 series has.

The reverse safety feature is called a "RIO", for "Reverse Implement
Operation".  You need to pull out a knob/handle on the dash prior to
depressing the reverse pedal or the mower clutch disengages.  It doesn't
take long to get used to it but I still slip up and forget to pull it out a
couple of times every time I mow.  I have seen where some people have
just wedged it up with something while they mow.  It also has a seat
switch which I took care of before I ever mowed with it the first time.

Alan Riley