[AT] Hearing aids

charlie hill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Mon Apr 27 19:26:01 PDT 2015

Don,  I recently researched hearing aids for my elderly mother.  We ended up
getting Siemens brand units from a local Audiologist that works for our
hospital system
and got nearly as good a deal as you can get from Costco.
However, while researching it I found places online where you can buy them
direct.
Of course that means you have to deal with setting them up yourself and I
didn't get
far enough into it to figure out all that that involves but apparently there
are folks
buying them online and at much better prices that you can get from most of
the
"brand name" hearing aid companies that are in my opinion nothing but
glorified vacuum
cleaner salesmen.  They all have the same story.... we have a set we can
sell you today on
a deal but you have to do it today because it's the only set we have at that
price.  OR...
we are having a special event this week only....blah blah blah.   One of
those national brand
vulture outfits had sold my mom a set that cost her nearly $7,000.00 and she
can't afford that.
I got them to take them back and bought the ones she has now for $2300.00.
The ones she
has now are made by Siemens and Siemens makes the "brand name ones she paid
nearly 3 times
as much for.  They both have about the same features.

Good luck with it.  Those vultures prey on older folks like my mom.  You
obviously have the
ability to sort thorugh their line of BS but be careful they are slick!

Charlie