[AT] now AC Dealers

Herb Metz metz-h.b at comcast.net
Fri Apr 17 06:01:05 PDT 2015

One of the few larger AC dealers in KS was in Emporia area; I am quite sure
that is where the dealership had a photo on the wall of an entire train of
flatcars of "all crops" pulling into town.  I used to scout around that area
whenever we returned to visit Barbara's family. Twenty years ago there still
were many "all crops" setting/deteriorating  in the trees. Further west the
farms were larger and all crops were not that plentiful.
In mid 40's, a welder/mechanic located in Bushton, (central) KS, designed,
mfged, and marketed a "2' extension" that was very troublefree.  This made a
big difference in that their capacity went from 5' to 7', but only slowed
their demise because all other companies were offering 12' capacity.  Herb