[AT] TS110 New Holland ( AKA The Blue Hole )

Cecil R Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Tue Apr 14 08:35:11 PDT 2015

The saga continues on my TS110 NH that is my primary baling tractor.
The NH dealer has it in his shop and told me yesterday that they got the
tractor split ans it was not the drive plate, but they had not dropped
the pan.  The engine would turn about 1/4 turn and then stop and would
not turn any more each way.  This is a 304T ford engine.  It has a
crankshaft balancer that is geared off of the center of the crank.  I
remember MF 65 diesels had one in the Perkins engine that was used.
They were a real B**ch to rebuild. NH lists the old crank balancer at
$845, but it has been superseded by the new number that is $3425.00.

I found a complete new non-emissioned     engine in Oregon for $7500
outright and about $400 frt. w/1yr guarantee.  I found a used take out
that has been dyno'ed and tested w/ one year guarantee for $5000 and a
10 hour round trip drive.

This is the tractor that shows 2000 hours on the meter now.....
Obviously I got screwed by the dealer that I traded with..   The only
reason  keep this tractor is for the convenience of the clutchless
shifter I use for stopping the tractor when tying a bale with the round
baler.

It will take a few days longer to get the engine from Oregon, but I am
leaning toward the new engine and maybe, just maybe, I can have
something reliable.

I wish I could make the dealer that sold this own up to turning the hour
meter back.   I think it was a county mowing tractor that was ran then
had the hour meter turned back and sold at a yearly consignment auction
at Norman, OK......  From the reputation of the dealer that originally
sold this tractor, this is what I think happened.

I have used this tractor for barely 5 years and 600 hours and with this
new engine, will have spent $16000.00 on repairs.  That figures out to
$26.67/hr of use. just for repairs.......

Cecil in OKla

---