[AT] Noise Concerns, John Deere

jtchall at nc.rr.com jtchall at nc.rr.com
Sun Apr 5 17:39:04 PDT 2015

There was a very interesting article in a recent issue of Heritage Iron
about the M&W turbo upgrades on 4020's. Seemed you had to change the oil pan
as well so it would hold more and cool the oil better. What I found most
interesting was the upgrading of the radiator and the relocating of the air
filter for better cooling. We  had safety switches on one of the 4020's (the
one dad still has). We always used that one to pull the irrigation pump.
Numerous were the times it got hot enough for the temperature safety switch
to shut it down. I wish we would have known about the aftermarket radiators
and moving the air filter. We did drop the grille screens to get more air,
it did seem to help a bit.

John Hall