[AT] Noise Concerns

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Fri Apr 3 12:18:29 PDT 2015

On 4/3/2015 10:53 AM, charlie hill wrote:
>    It didn't seem loud at all but that night my ears
> were ringing worse than after any other piece of equipment I've ever run.
> I used to drive trucks with 8-71 detroits with gutted mufflers and I've been
> around
> a lot of loud construction equipment but that JD did a number on me.  It had
> to be
> the turbo.  Of course, now that you mention it, that tractor was also
> hydrostatic
> drive so it could have been either or both.
>
> Charlie
Yes, hydro drive is noisy on some machines. Swathers in particular.
Combines too. Can't say
I have ever noticed turbo noise but the Magnum tractor has a pretty good
cab plus my foam
ear plugs. On the IH combine the engine is way at the back behind the
hopper so I hardly know the
engine is running most of the time I'm combining. I still wear the ear
plugs as I feel that long hours
of even low noise can be damaging to the hearing.

Ralph in Sask.