[AT] Noise Concerns

Herb Metz metz-h.b at comcast.net
Fri Apr 3 06:25:48 PDT 2015

The noise(s) created by boosters (turbo-chargers, super-charges, etc) is the subject. The screaming Detroit Diesel two cycle truck engine of a couple decades ago have been thoroughly discussed; conclusion was “you can tell who the operators were because they hollered ‘what’ the loudest and the most frequent”; so that does not need re-discussed.  My experience is none;  last sizeable tractor I operated was Dad’s Super M in 1968, before he retired.  What about todays operators; should they be using special hearing protection for db. protection?  for frequency protection?  Hopefully those few operators (not many on an antique tractor forum) are using any needed protection, and can share such information. Herb(GA)