[AT] Allis 7030 running warm

charlie hill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Thu Sep 25 04:29:15 PDT 2014

Cecil,  is it possible that one of those heat gauges is showing oil
temperature?  Does
the 7030 route oil through a cooling coil in the radiator?   I don't have a
clue.  Just
thinking it might be a possibility.

If the radiator caps are good it should be able to run 210 to 220 without
blowing out any
coolant and it should be ok running that hot.

The 7030 has the 426 ci engine in it and I think it's rated in the 7030 at
about 130 hp and about
110 drawbar hp.  however, that same engine with the addition of an
intercooler in the 7080 is rated
above 200 hp.   Allis Chalmers farmers had a habit of turning the screws on
the injector pumps
so yours might be turned up.

Here's a video of a 7045 and an 8070 working the same field.  The 7045 has
the same engine as yours
just turned up a bit and the 8070 is the intercooled version of the same
engine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IB_MHtYVCE