[AT] Any Tractor Haps in South Central VT in Early Oct.?

Chuck Bealke bealke at airmail.net
Wed Sep 24 02:08:36 PDT 2014

Y'all,

This Texas flatlander iz escaping urban blandland with a lady friend to
savor the Vermont colors early next month. Wuz wond'rin' if you'uns
might possibly know of a plow day, show, auction, links, etc., related
to the subject of antique iron to be savored within a couple or so hours
drive of Killington. Especially like old iron auction info. Promise I
cannot bid against you unless the item can be carried in the overhead
compartment of a Boeing 737 and recognized as an everyday carry-on
item.  A farm or tractor museum also would be nice. (Doesn't it seem
strange and a tad unsettling to see the everyday toys and tools of your
childhood displayed as museum artifacts somehow used daily by hardy
ancients of a past civilization?)  While I like a challenge, it also
might not be possible to kindle in Shirlee the energizing and fund
depleting lust for rust shared by Atisites before we leave. In fact, one
can glean from these very pages that some worthy and tireless
instructors have failed after many years of attempting this very
conversion.  Still, she does exhibit a love of things country from
childhood summer weeks on her grandfather's farm in Michigan, so there
is a chance.

Chuck  Bealke
Dallas