[AT] lawn tractor

rlgoss at twc.com rlgoss at twc.com
Mon Sep 22 10:38:47 PDT 2014

If the engine is OEM, that should be a K-series Kohler engine.  If this problem just suddenly developed, I would suspect that it has a bad condenser on the ignition.  Check the condition of the butterfly on the throttle to make sure it's not sucking air, and check the governor linkage adjustment. Make sure the Phillips head screw that holds the governor together is tight.  There are a bunch of other things that could cause this problem, but IMHO, points and condenser are the most likely.  And make sure the polarity on the electrical connections at the coil have not been reversed -- it does make a difference on that engine.  If the coil has been replaced with something that is not OEM, that alone could cause the problem.

Larry