[AT] Should Farming Be A Right?

David Bruce davidbruce at yadtel.net
Thu Sep 11 16:23:03 PDT 2014

We had one issue years ago when a local farmer set up a hog operation
and was placing the manure slurry on row crop fields. Created quite a
stench for a few days every year. Later he was found to be allowing the
slurry to get into a local creek - at that point he and DENR came to a
settlement - no more hog operation.

We are just far enough off the travel lanes to reduce the development
pressure and the fact that landowners here so far have not sold. A 50+
acre farm just over the ridge from me is up for sale as the owner died a
few months ago. I'm expecting someone of the horsey set to purchase.

David
NW NC