[AT] Should Farming Be A Right?

charlie hill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Thu Sep 11 11:37:25 PDT 2014

We have a problem in NC with longstanding livestock farms way out in the
county
then over time the town spreads out to them.  The next farm over is sold to
a developer
who builds houses that get sold to folks who retire here.  The almost
immediately try
to force the livestock farm to shut down even though it's been there for 40
years and there
is no place that the owner can move it to.   The same thing happens with
crop farmers.
Subdivisions move in next door and the home owners start filing nuisance law
suits because
the farmer has the audacity to spray his crops with pesticides and
herbicides.   Luckily
NC already has fairly strong freedom to farm statutes on the books but the
outsiders keep
trying to stop them from farming.  They even get themselves elected to town
and county
boards and try to pass zoning laws to put the farmers out of business.  I
guess they never
stop to wonder where their food comes from.

Someone tell me please why folks from the city move to the country because
they claim
to love the rural lifestyle and then immediately start trying to turn it
into the city!!!!

Charlie