[AT] Disk Plow or One-Way Plow

charlie hill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Wed Sep 10 17:53:13 PDT 2014

Cecil, try these folks.
http://mower-blades.agrisupply.com/search#w=disc%20harrow%20bearings&asug=disc%20
I'm about 50 miles from one of their stores and 100 miles from another one.
They are good folks.

-----Original Message----- From: Cecil R Bearden
Sent: Wednesday, September 10, 2014 8:44 PM
To: Antique tractor email discussion group
Subject: Re: [AT] Disk Plow or One-Way Plow

I need to find  a bearing for that disk.  There is one on the inside of
the right gang that is loose now.    They look like they are mounted in
rubber.  I looked at one on Allis Chalmers.com from a post a few years
back and they were talking about $200 ea when you could find them...
I can get 1in hex bearings with a 2.44 OD the originals are 3in OD.  It
would not be that hard to insert into a sleeve with 3in OD or encase in
polyurethane 3in OD....    That rubber mounting may be the reason they
are still working after 60 years.  Then again it could be the double
bearing....

I am going to take the  3 tandem disks and the one offset that I have
here and build a 12 ft heavy Tandem disk.   I may even double up the
bearings...  Then I can really travel with the 2470 Case....!!!!

Cecil