[AT] sand blaster(?)

jtchall at nc.rr.com jtchall at nc.rr.com
Tue Sep 9 15:14:21 PDT 2014

I sent this and never saw it show up so here it is again.

Herb, I suggest hiring it done. I bought a pressure tank style blaster 10
years ago. Works great, but even with 2 compressors running, I run short on
air. Not to mention the mess it makes. If I never use it again that will be
just fine.
At work we have a blast cabinet with glass beads. Works well, but this is a
floor model with lights and an exhaust system and our air is ran through a
dryer. The blast cabinet is great for cleaning up small items. For big jobs,
I'd say it is too slow. Look around for someone who blasts in your area. If
there is no sheet metal involved that may warp, you may even talk to someone
that makes grave markers. They have big blasters and either a forklift or
bobcat around to move the stones so moving your equipment wouldn't be a
problem. Likewise they run portable setups as well when they have to go add
a death date on an existing marker.

John Hall