[AT] OT rebuilding combine concaves

jtchall at nc.rr.com jtchall at nc.rr.com
Sun Sep 7 06:29:03 PDT 2014

Working on my mid 70’s 3300 Deere combine. I’ve got a few of the wires broken, can I replace them with regular CRS? Deere wants a small fortune for them, wondering if it is a different matl such as a green tool steel?
Also, got some broken welds and one bent crossbar—all are at the back of the concave. Going to re-weld them. When I put a straight edge over the first few crossbars they show to be high in the middle, Is it acceptable practice to grind these down? I’d just buy a new one but hard to justify that expense for no more acres than I cover a year.

Thanks,
John Hall