[AT] What you want to do - was RE: McCormick plow

jtchall at nc.rr.com jtchall at nc.rr.com
Sat Sep 6 04:22:54 PDT 2014

Too funny Charlie! I had to explain it a couple times to my sister last year
that the girls never did the work I did. Hard to believe she's 50 years old
and just getting that. I think I finally got it through to her that girls
and old men went to deliver tobacco and grain. Able bodied young men were
needed to do manual labor. I was grown and delivering my own  grain before I
ever went to an elevator. We started earlier and stayed later. If it was
hotter or stormier then we were still at it working, not at the house. We
worked alone in remote places.  Don't mean to sound sexist, that's just the
way it was. Personally I'm all for the ladies helping out on the farm, but
unless she is an exception to the rule and really wants to or can, some work
is for the menfolk. I know a few ladies that worked as long as the men, but
that was a matter of survival for the family and was many decades ago. There
might still be in some isolated cases, but not like what it was.

John